The NITI Internship Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing Undergraduate/Graduate/Postgraduate Degrees or are Research Scholars enrolled in recognized universities/Institutions within India or abroad, as interns.
Interns will be introduced to various Verticals/Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and would be expected to supplement the process of analysis within NITI Aayog through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information.
About NITI Aayog 2023
NITI Aayog, the Government of India’s premier policy ‘Think Tank,’ provides both policy and directional inputs. NITI Aayog provides technical advice to the Center as well as the States and helps in the design of long-term and strategic policies and programs.
- Internshala Activity
- Hiring since June 2019
- 36 opportunities posted
- Information about the internship
Based on the requirements of NITIAayog, the internship program is open throughout the year. These are the objectives of this scheme:
To enable young academic talent to be a part of the NITI Aayog’s work for mutual benefits
Interns will be able to learn about Government functioning and Developmental Policy issues within the Government of India. They can also contribute to Policy formulation by creating policy inputs like empirical analysis, briefings reports, and policy papers. Internships are unpaid
You can Also Read: “How to get an Internship at DRDO “
Who can apply 2023?
Only the following candidates are eligible to apply:
- Are available for internships in-office full-time
- are available for a duration of 6 month
- Have relevant skills and interests
- The internship is open to bonafide students from any recognized University/ Institution in India or overseas who meet the following conditions:
- Students in Undergraduate must have passed the term-end exams in the second year/4th semester and not less than 85% in the 12th class.
- Graduate students who have passed/appeared for the term-end exams in their first year/2nd-semester postgraduate program or are pursuing research/Ph.D., and have not less than 70% of equivalent marks in Graduation (except MBBS/BHMS/BAMS), in which case the secured marks cannot be lower than 60%.
- Students who have just finished Graduation/PG or appeared in the final examination may be eligible for an internship. However, they must not have been in school for more than six months. If the student’s result is announced in June, they can apply for internships that start in December.
Related: Know More About Internship at BHEL ( ‘Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited ’ )
- Interested applicants can apply online by following the link provided on the website of NITIAayog between the 1st and 10th of each month. The deadline for online applications is six months in advance, but no later than two months prior to the start of the desired internship. The application will be valid for the selected month.
- The area of interest must be clearly indicated by applicants.
- Only one candidate can apply for an internship during a financial calendar.
- The system will reject applicants who don’t meet the eligibility requirements.
- At the time of joining, the selected applicant must produce the original mark sheets and the NOC from the college/institution. If this is not done, his/her candidature will be canceled.